Definition: Increase in gloss or sheen of the paint film when rubbed, scrubbed or brushed up against; more noticeable in darker colors.
* Use of a flat paint in high-traffic areas where a finish with a higher sheen level would have better resistance to burnishing
* Frequent washing and spot-cleaning
* Use of abrasive cloth and/or cleaners
* Use of low-quality paints with poor stain and scrub resistance (see Poor Stain Resistance for more information)
* Paint high-traffic areas with a superior paint.
* Consider using paint with higher gloss or sheen in these areas.
* Clean painted surfaces with a soft cloth or sponge and non-abrasive cleaners; rinse with water.
If you need other painting-related services, contact us today.