Definition: Paint has lost its adhesion to a galvanized metal surface.
* Inadequate or improper surface preparation
* Failure to use a primer before applying an oil-based or vinyl water-based paint
* Failure to sand baked-on enamel finishes or glossy surfaces before painting
Painting Peeling from Galvanized Metal Solutions:
* Remove all loose, peeling paint down to the bare metal.
* Clean the exposed metal of any contaminants, such as dirt, oil, etc., and treat them with an etching liquid. Be sure to wear long sleeves and gloves to protect your arms and hands before painting.
* Rinse the surface with clean water. Allow to dry before painting.
* Apply a galvanized metal primer.
* Repaint with a high-quality paint.
For More Information: Painting Peeling from Galvanized Metal