Electrostatic Painting in
Gilbert & Phoenix AZ
Gilbert’s Painting are your local experts that deliver high-quality electrostatic painting services at affordable prices.
Looking for professional electrostatic painting contractors for a specific project? At Gilbert’s Painting, we offer electrostatic painting for any home improvement and commercial projects in Phoenix. Using this painting system has a lot of advantages that will give any metal surface a great new look. With our professional painters, we are committed to providing you only the best electrostatic painting results.
What is Electrostatic Painting Used For?
Electrostatic painting is mostly used for painting metal surfaces. This application method is based on the concept of “opposites attract”. In this case, the metal object or surface is given a negative charge while the paint will be given a positive charge. During the process, an attraction is created between the two which lets the paint wrap around the surface and coat it evenly and smoothly like a magnet using a specialized gun. Because of this reason, electrostatic painting is an ideal technique to paint areas of any metal surfaces that are hard to reach.
This painting system is popular to use in the automotive industry but it can also be used in residential and commercial establishments as long as the surfaces are conductive (stairway railings, wrought iron fence, metal doors and frames, and other metal surfaces).
What are the Advantages of Spray Painting?
When the word “painting” is mentioned, people are more likely to think of using a roller or a brush. While both of them are used for most painting projects, using them for intricate surfaces can be difficult. Spray painting is an ideal method to use for these intricate surfaces, especially for large and heavy-duty surfaces. Here are some of its advantages:
Electrostatic Painting Pros & Cons
There are several reasons why electrostatic or spray painting is highly recommended for industrial and commercial applications:
- It dries fast. One of the reasons why electrostatic painting is great is because it cures overnight unlike other coating systems. This means businesses can continue their operations the next day without any interruptions.
- It has minimal overspray. Since the paint is attracted to the metal surface like a magnet, it wraps around and covers it completely without committing wasteful overspray.
- It is environmentally-friendly. Since electrostatic painting has minimal overspray, it releases less volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which are released into the air.
- It has factory-like finishes. Electrostatic painting produces a strong, smooth, and high-quality finishes like the coatings available in factories.
- It is highly durable. With good preparation and right coating, electrostatic painting is more durable than other coating systems, making metal surfaces resilient to harsh conditions.
- It is cost-effective. Electrostatic painting is a great long-term solution. It prevents corrosion which is a problem for metal surfaces, thus, saving money in the long run. This method does not require too much labor and materials.
Electrostatic painting also has its downsides. However, its advantages still outweigh them. Here are some disadvantages of electrostatic painting:
- It has higher equipment costs. While you might save money from having less labor and materials, electrostatic painting requires equipment that can be expensive. However, it’s a great investment in the long run.
- It requires a knowledgeable person to use the equipment. In order to make sure that the electrostatic spray painting equipment is maintained and cleaned properly, a professional or a trained person should be the one to use it to avoid incurring costs.
Is Electrostatic Painting the Same as Powder Coating?
Electrostatic painting is often mistaken to be the same as powder coating as they both used electric charges to create a strong bond between the paint and metal surface. However, a metal object which has powder coating should be baked in a curing oven. Whereas, in electrostatic painting, the object doesn’t need to be placed in an oven for finishing.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a better finish that dries quickly, electrostatic painting is the best choice.
How Much Does Electrostatic Painting Cost?
For electrostatic painting costs, there are different factors to consider such as preparation, electrostatic painting equipment, size and type of the project, and labor costs.
On average, this technique will cost $60 per hour.
However, when taking in the different factors, it can cost around $55 to $100 per hour depending on the professional service provider.
The price for an electrostatic painting system is worth it especially if clients are looking for the fastest way to continue their businesses.
Although its equipment can be quite costly, the results are of high quality and it is more cost-efficient and time-saving compared to traditional painting methods.