Definition: Failure of dried paint to obscure or “hide” the surface to which it is applied is referred to as Painting poor hide.
* Over-thinning the paint or spreading it too thin causing painting poor hide
* Use of low-quality tools/wrong roller cover
* Use of low-quality paint causes painting, poor hide
Painting Poor Hide Solutions:
* Apply another coat of paint (not over-thinned) at the recommended spread rate.
* Use quality tools and a roller cover with the correct nap if rolling will end poor hide.
For More Information: Painting Poor Hide